Thursday, January 26, 2012

Did the fitness guru Jack LaLanne who just died have any formal religious affiliation?

Just curious, but with his French ancestry I was wondering if there was any religious beliefs or affiliations. In one interview he stated that fitness was his religion. Anyone have info on something you came across that mentions his religion if any? Thanks.Did the fitness guru Jack LaLanne who just died have any formal religious affiliation?I seriously doubt that he practiced any particular religion. My hunch is that he was all about there here and now. The dyed hair at age 96 was truly laughable. And those late night TV commercials hawking his GD juicing machines were just too much. He obviously wanted to maximize his time on earth to the extreme. I have a sense he was not into anything beyond what he could control with his diet and exercise fetish. Nothing wrong with fitness. Taking care of your body is a great thing. When it becomes your god, however, well I guess Jack La Douche will be the one who has to answer, not any of us. Maybe he was a fan of Porky Pig. You know....Uhbudih, ubudih, ubudih....THAT'S ALL FOLKS!Did the fitness guru Jack LaLanne who just died have any formal religious affiliation?
He always ended his show..."May the good Lord bless and keep you..." and "God bless you". You can see it on his website TV shows http://www.jacklalanne.com/watch-jack/ Not sure about any formal affiliation. I really enjoyed his positive encouragement around physical and spiritual issues,Did the fitness guru Jack LaLanne who just died have any formal religious affiliation?In a tribute written to him, there is an interesting anecdote about him praying when he was a teenager. So, you can make a reasonable assumption that he was religious.

See: Huffington Post... The Jack LaLanne I knew. Very interesting article.Did the fitness guru Jack LaLanne who just died have any formal religious affiliation?
My dad said somebody told Him that He had a special on PBS, so He must be an evil athiest.Did the fitness guru Jack LaLanne who just died have any formal religious affiliation?If he stated fitness was his religion I kind of doubt he was religious. He was really in shape years ago and I always thought he was a bit rude to his wife Elaine at times.

Basically he seemed nice enough.Did the fitness guru Jack LaLanne who just died have any formal religious affiliation?
I haven't heard of any religious affiliation.
Your faith in God is not something to be hidden, I never heard him uplift God so I doubt the he practiced it.

No comments:

Post a Comment