Saturday, February 18, 2012

How can I start a fitness and health diet program at school?

I am EXTREMELY CONCERNED about all of the overweight kids in the halls, blocking my way.How can I start a fitness and health diet program at school?Perhaps you could suggest to your principal that your school could develop a lunchtime program where students could discuss fitness and health issues.This program could also be integrated into any existing P.E. program.I think issues such as promoting good health through fitness and diet can be made to appeal to all students. Guest speakers could be brought in to speak on a variety of topics.Students could have a suggestion box and put in requests for possible topics.Does your school have an after school cooking club?This could be another option for learning how to be creative with meals that are nutritious and satisfying.If you have a written proposal to submit to your principal your idea will be taken more seriously.By the way I would omit the part about people blocking the hall if you want them to read your proposal. Good luckHow can I start a fitness and health diet program at school?
Thanks for the vote Lori.I also think that having your ideas written out would also make your suggestions sound more serious.Take care.

Report Abuse

How can I start a fitness and health diet program at school?300,000 people die each year in USA as a result of obesity! I'm glad you're doing your bit!

Report Abuse

How can I start a fitness and health diet program at school?
well, you cant control other ppl. i cant tell if you want to help them or are being selfish and wish others to MOVE. but what you can do is talk to your vp of student activiters, set up a club, hold rallies, "play day" encouraghing physical activity and look to your school cafeteria to increase the food qualitly, and health rate in the food. most of the fat comes from there. also, be persistent in your p.e. class. if you are, others will follow. but give it time. the second semester is almost over, so develop a plan with your school over the summer and propose it to the district in the fall. good luck!How can I start a fitness and health diet program at school?Gosh, I know hoow you feel. They blocked my way too. but now obesity is far more common and accepted unfortunately. You'll need to approach this subject very carefully esp. with the school board. They'll think that you're prejedudiced agaiinst the fat kids. Just voice your concerns and don't say it's b/c they block your way. Use their poor health and obesity related health problems. At my sons school, during the entire month of May, they walk twice a day around the playgroound and the track. In the beginning of the month they are timed on their first walk. At the end of the month they are timed again. And the kids with the best time and biggest change are rewarded with prizes. All the kids win regardless, b/c they are learning a good habit that lasts. Suggest something like this and a healthy food program. If you do it smart. then these kids won't even know what hit them.How can I start a fitness and health diet program at school?
Lori, this is just my opinion, but if they are happy with the way they look, who are you to judge them. if you thought that you looked great, but someone else thought you were ugly, would you chane for them, now im hoping that you dont say yes, because you are your own great person, %26amp; you should not have to change for a person that doesnt know your situation.



Nichole
This is a really good idea. I also share your concern. I'm extremely lucky to have active parents. Since I was younger my parents ensured my brother and I ate healthy and did plenty of exercise.



Some children aren't lucky enough for that. I have friends who have fish and chips/KFC/Mc Donald's atleast 5times a week. I don't understand how it is possible to do that.



My friend and I are starting an anti-smoking programme at our school. Most of our friends smoke (although it is a matter of choice) we are concerned about their health.



We wrote our Head Master a letter informing him of our concern. He discussed this at the staff meeting and the teachers agreed it was a good idea.



Then we made an appointment for a meeting with him. We suggested we would like to produce an anti-smoking seminar for the young students. Which he agreed with.







I suggest you take the same path. If you havn't already, write your Head Master a letter of your concern and how you suggest to improve it. For example, healthier school lunches, compulsory physical education etc.



Obesity has become an epidemic and so many people are dying each year from it. I don't think it is a case of whether people are happy and leave them be. Obesity can be similar to suicide. Some people just eat and eat until they are so sick. Then their families are left with the pain and loss, just like suicide.



Good on you for having the initiative! I hope they don't hurt you on the way to your classes!



(P.S. I think we can answer each others questions if we are going to be civil. Do you agree? I believe we are mature enough.)



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment